Thursday, May 31, 2007

Health Matters

I named this blog Health Matters because..........well, it does! I've been on the up and down weight management roller coaster and I know it's hard. I've been thin. I've been heavy. I've lost lots of weight. I've gained it back plus more. I know that weight management and body shape can only be achieved through a healthy lifestyle with good food choices and exercise.

But knowing these things doesn't make it any easier to accomplish them. I eat horribly and exercise....well.......that's just a four-letter word not said in THIS house!!! I'm speeding up on 40 and judging by the way I feel now, I'll be an invalid well before I retire. I have no energy. My knees and back ache and I look like a butterball turkey!

I don't want to be worn out (or roasted for that matter) when I retire. So I need start making changes now. Follow along with me. Help me be accountable. And maybe we'll both learn some things along the way.

No comments: